Our team consists of scholars and lectures at the university level, a fellow of the Kenya Institute of Bankers (FKIB). A Fellow is an internationally recognized title in the Global financial services industry. As a Fellow has the authority to publish, discuss or comment on anything touching on the banking profession. We also have members of the Kenya Institute of Management (MKIM) an institute committed to the promotion of excellence and integrity in Management practices. Our consultants and trainers are members of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and they are Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE).
Our professional team does participate in training at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS), Kenya Bankers Association (KBA), Kenya Institute of Bankers (KIB) and ABMC International.
Our team consists of professionals who have had work experiences at the Banking Industry, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Our trainers and consultants have more than ten years’ experience in the field of banking industry training and they have had hands on experience in bank security, operations, investigations and prosecutions.
Academically our professional team consists of PhD, MBA, and BA holders from recognized Universities in Kenya.
The ECTS conducts capacity building programs for various clients all over Kenya. Local clientele include the Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Commercial banks, non-banking finance institutions, micro finance, Kenya Institute of bankers, Kenya Bankers Association, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and savings and credit cooperative societies, private commercial enterprises, industrial organizations, government agencies and state corporations.
- Understanding nature of fraud and fraudster
- Purpose of Investigation
- How to Detect Large Value Frauds
- Forensic Auditing Techniques
- Computer-based Forensics
- Data Analytics for Fraud Detection and Investigation
- Evidence Presentation
- Report Writing and Articulation
- Disaster Management Preparedness
- Bank Physical Security
- Card Fraud Management
- Case study – Typical Corporate Financial Fraud & Investigation
- Nature of corporate fraud
- Statistics on fraud
- Techniques and psychology of a fraudster
- Data Analytics for Fraud Investigation
- Case Studies of Fraud Investigations
- Auditing Techniques
- The Nature and Purpose of Forensic Interviews
- The difference between Interviews and Interrogations
- Types of Witnesses
- The Environment of the Interview Room
- The Use of Video and Audio Recording
- Forensic Imaging
- Analyzing the Data
- Network analysis
- Email tracing
- Development of “Exhibits” for Use in Court
- The Forensic Report as Evidence in a Court of Law
- Anti-Money Laundering Policy
The course is planned to be highly interactive through lectures, case studies, experiential learning and simulation exercises.
At the end of the courses, participants shall be issued with participation certificates from the ECTS.